Monday, July 26, 2010

Marination Station




So, what do you do when it's Sunday, you are 22 years old, a recent college graduate, moved back in with your parents in New Jersey, and it's raining outside?

Pickle, of course!

This project became a much bigger fiasco than I intended it to be. On my way home from work there is a farmer's market, and I finally stopped at it last Monday. They happened to have pickling cucumbers for 99 cents a pound. (99 cents a pound turned out to only be 3 pickles).
Then I had to find pickling spices, which I finally discovered at Chef Central, and I needed to find a jar, which I also found at Chef Central. And then I needed to find a good pickling recipe, which turned out to be relatively difficult. A lot of people put up pickling recipes online, and not all of these people are very good at giving concise instructions.

And then my friends found out I was starting a "Pickling Project" and they had nothing better to do, either, and so they helped me pickle and we took lots of pictures.

Anyway, I won't be giving a recipe, because chances are these pickles came out terrible. I couldn't find a great, easy-to-follow recipe for refrigerator pickles, so we kind of made things up as we went along. We did make two different varieties though, and I'm nervous to try out either, but also really excited, in case they did actually turn out to be delicious.

If anyone has a good recipe they can suggest, I would love it!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails