Monday, December 27, 2010

My Favorite Songs of 2010






This year has been a fantastic one for me seeing concerts and hearing new musicians. I have also rediscovered old favorites. Basically, I've listened to a lot of music, because I tend to listen to it wherever I go. Whether it was walking to class in Boston or New York, driving in my car, riding on the subway, sitting on the bus, running on the treadmill, doing work on my computer, drawing while sitting on the floor in my room... I always have something on. Below is a list of my favorites, in no particular order. A lot of it is folky, and all of it you can sing along to.

Lua- Conor Oberst & Gillian Welch
The Suburbs- Arcade Fire
Sparrow- Scatteredtrees
Ambulance- Eisley
Janglin' - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Pretty Girl at the Airport- The Avett Brothers
Mama Don't Like My Man- Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings
It's Only Me- Elvis Perkins
The Only Exception- Paramore
We Used to Wait- Arcade Fire
Home- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Shakira
Friday I'm in Love- The Cure
Frankie's Gun- The Felice Brothers
Poison Oak- Bright Eyes
On Her Own- Ben Kweller
Homeward Bound- Ben Kweller
Living Life- Ben Kweller
White Blank Page- Mumford & Sons
Orphan Girl- Horse Feathers
The Gambler- Fun
Awake My Soul- Mumford & Sons
Shampoo- Elvis Perkins in Dearland

Yes there are a lot, but I listen to a lot of music. I'll probably add more. This was a big music year for me. Photos above: The Avett Brothers, Elvis Perkins and the What Cheer Brigade, Ben Kweller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails