Sunday, August 30, 2009

One Day at a Time

While reading the September issue of Shape magazine, I came across a little blurb about Colbie Caillat. Now, I don't particularly like Colbie Caillat's music, but she gave some pretty good advice about how to keep yourself happy:

"Everyone feels self-doubt at times, but you have to work through it and give yourself little treats. While writing my second album, I got really insecure about whether it would be any good. To snap out of my funk, I did one thing that as good for myself every day: getting a manicure, going for a quick run, or putting on a pretty outfit. It wasn't long before I was myself again" (Shape 32).


Tomorrow I am driving back up to Boston and then I start working on Wednesday and class on Thursday. Once things in Boston get into full swing, it becomes pretty typical for me to get overwhelmed and stressed. Sometimes during those really busy weeks I can't even figure out how to make room for even 30 minutes of television, but this has inspired me to try my best to put a little happy something into each day. I am putting this goal into the atmosphere so I can tell you guys about the really great things that I do- maybe this way I will actually make time to keep myself calm and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails