Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Little Holiday Update


"I'm coming home from my hardest year, I'm making plans not to make plans while I'm here."

This week has still been crazy, albeit for different reasons.
I came down to New Jersey on Sunday, went back up on Wednesday, had Thanksgiving up there on Thursday, and then drove back down here yesterday morning, and then I'll be driving back up to Boston on Monday.
Though the point of it has been to get home more to relax, it's been relatively contradictory.
I absolutely love it here, but sometimes it feels different than others.
Other than completing some assignments, including the one I just remembered that was due on Tuesday ( I usually never forget!), I am going to take it easy.
It's gotten to the point where I find many of my assignments, and the process of doing homework, to be pretty therapeutic. That is, if I invest an interest in what I am doing, be it a Flash project or a research paper.

I didn't have my computer with me when I was in Boston for the holiday, but here's a little list of things I am thankful for the make up for it:

1. My mind- Though I've always known how to use it, I love noticing how my articulation changes and my growing ability to form solid opinions on so many things. I am amazed every day by the mind's capabilities. Learning keeps me sane.

2. My body- I am healthy (knock on wood), I can run, I can jump, I can walk. I'm breathing. I have all my hair, fingers, toes, and appendages. That's something people take for granted all too often. People forget how lucky they are not to be limited by their own bodies, and how amazing it is to simply be alive.

3. My family- We drive each other crazy, but we could be a lot worse off. Some people don't even talk to their family members, some people don't have any family members. I do, and I'm very thankful for that.


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

(photo via tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails