Monday, May 2, 2011

Peanutty Soba Noodles

I love Asian food of all varieties, particularly noodles (you may find evidence here). On Saturday I picked up some soba noodles at a local health food store and decided I would find a good use for them. I decided to make delicious peanutty noodles! It was so easy. Here's what you do:

Prepare soba noodles as specified on the label.

While the soba is cooking, combine 4 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons each of the following: sesame oil, honey, rice vinegar, sriracha, and soy sauce in a small saucepan on low heat.

Stir. Once the ingredients have combined, pour the sauce into a large bowl.


When soba noodles are done cooking, strain them and run cold water over them. Then let the noodles finish draining before adding them to the bowl with the sauce. Toss ingredients together and let it rest for 20-30 minutes. I would put it in the refrigerator because they taste better cold.

Add sesame seeds as garnish, and then eat! Feel free to include vegetables in this scenario. I just wasn't in the mood to go through the effort. A little crunch would actually make this even better- maybe some carrots or baby corn? Snow peas? Yum!

Check me out, two posts in one day!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh this looks absolutely delicious!!!! definetly going to try it!!!

    www.theveggielunchbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails