Monday, March 1, 2010

Creative Writing


I am soooo much more comfortable with poetry writing than I am with short stories. I often write poetry, and very rarely do I work on short stories. I also just feel like I know a whole lot more about poetry. Anyway, I have a short story due tomorrow for my creative writing class and it has been quite the struggle. I am used to being able to write things that are up for interpretation with metaphors, symbols, etc. With a story, however, there needs to be a real plot, and though I am excellent at bullshitting analytical essays, I've struggled quite a bit trying to get a beginning, middle, and end that are clear.
The results are not something I am very proud of. 10 pages of really depressing stuff. I don't really know what inspired me to write something that's such a downer because I am a very happy person most of the time. Anyway, it needs A LOT of work and I am nervous for the grade I'm going to get and also I'm pretty sure my classmates will think I'm insane.
All I knew was that I wanted to write about a house that has only one door, and I sort of went off from there. At least it's (somewhat) finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails