Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Homer the Llama Returns Into Safe Hands


The newspaper we get at my home in North Jersey is the Bergen Record, which you may have heard of.
Aside from the obvious publications such as the New York Times, The Bergen Record is a pretty well-known paper.
I've been reading it since I was a little kid. They had fun things for me then, and now I appreciate it because they do an excellent job of putting the real news up front.

If you turn the pages, though, you can find some real gems.
I found this article about Homer the Llama and his trek through the mountains. It's a happy, lighthearted story, and llamas happen to be amongst my favorite animals. I love that they named him Homer, because of his odyssey. When I found this article, I clipped it out, and it's now hanging on my refrigerator.

It reminds me that even though there's a lot of bad in the world, good things still happen sometimes.
I appreciate that the Record takes the time to bring a little light into our morning reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails